Job Opening – Communications Coordinator
20 hours/week. Salary: $20,000 – $22,000. Interviews begin Monday, May 9, and position begins when filled.
VWS is growing to meet the increasing community demand for accessible, inclusive nature connection programs and mentoring training. We welcome applications from dedicated individuals interested in learning, growing, and contributing along with us.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for outreach and enrollment and provides administrative support for VWS programs, internal communications, and office operations.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Business Manager, and the two Program Directors, the Communications Coordinator is a leadership position, with the potential for growth in hours and/or expanded responsibilities.
The Communications Coordinator has excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, and expertise in outreach and administration. 1+ years experience with nonprofit and/or small business communications and administration is required. The ability to compellingly market nature connection programs is essential.
The Communications Coordinator works in our Brattleboro, VT office. Partial remote work options are available.
VWS strives to create a culture that is supportive, effective, and life-affirming. Ideal candidates for this role will be energized by work environment that prioritizes:
- Proactive Leadership
- Service & Relationships
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Outreach (6 hrs/week) Compile, design, and disseminate VWS outreach communications which attract participants and accurately represent our program offerings.
Program Administration (6 hrs/wk) Provide office-end administration and logistics support for VWS programs, including managing enrollment / handling most of the communications and financial transactions with prospective and registered participants.
Fundraising (2 hrs/wk) Support the fundraising work of the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Office Operations (3 hrs/wk) Be a member of the team which collaboratively runs the VWS office, including the workflows and technological systems that support our work together.
Foundational Role & Meetings (4 hrs/wk) Participation in holding the overall strategic direction and values of VWS’s work. Includes staff meetings, retreats, and trainings, meetings with supervisor, annual review, and strategy sessions.
- Experience and understanding of nonprofit or small business outreach (sales/ marketing/ promotion) and customer service.
- Experience and understanding of nonprofit or small business administrative operations.
- Familiarity with nature connection, youth mentoring, and/or community building initiatives, combined with an enthusiasm for elevating the community visibility of these offerings.
- Proficiency in digital communications applications (we use Mailchimp, Gmail, WordPress, Canva, and Facebook) and spreadsheets (we use Google Sheets) is essential. Comfort with Apple/Mac platform is preferred.
- Highly organized, with a strong attention to detail. Quick, accurate worker.
- Comfortable independently prioritizing, planning workflow, and managing simultaneous projects.
- Internal resilience and self-sufficiency. Ability to improvise and adapt to the changing circumstances of a small, community-based nonprofit.
- Excellent and mature interpersonal communication skills.
- Sense of humor, curiosity, and creativity. We like to laugh and have fun at work!
- We value a diverse workforce and encourage applications from people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons.
- We are also currently hiring a half-time Business Manager.
This is a salaried employee position for 20 hours per week, year round.
- Salary: $20,000 – $22,000, depending on experience.
- 40 hrs / 2 weeks paid vacation (40 hrs).
- Paid holidays (40 hrs) & sick time (24 hrs).
- Up to $2000 stipend for use of your personal communications devices and work spaces for work tasks.
- 100% discount on any VWS program (with available spaces).
- 30% discount for immediate family members on any VWS program (some exceptions apply).
- Partial to full cost of relevant professional development opportunities, on a case-by-case basis.
Please reply to email@example.com with a resume, two references, and a concise letter describing your experience, qualifications, and reasons for applying for this position.
Interviews begin Monday, May 9, and position begins when filled.
For a more detailed description of this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org.