Land Stewardship Camp Registration
This course will take place on the banks of the South River, in Conway, Massachusetts. The landscape ranges from the sand and clay banks of the river to a former pasture on flat riverbottom soil, to reforested hillsides. There are hundreds of acres of forest, miles of trails, and a river that can be easily explored by wading or tube-floating.
This is a rustic, but not remote, setting. You may need to wade through the river (knee-high water) for parts of the workshop. Cell service is limited, but a land line is available just a few hundred yards away. There is a shelter we can use in case of rain.
What to bring:
- Tent and sleeping gear.
- 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, one dinner, and snacks. Limited critter-proof storage space available on-site.
- Water bottles. Fresh water is available on site for refilling.
- We’ll provide a more detailed list 1-2 weeks before the workshop.
Connor Stedman has mentored students of all ages in nature connection since 2004 and teaches on knowledge of place and land stewardship around North America. As an ecological designer, Connor specializes in agroforestry and carbon sequestration on farms. He offers consulting and design for regenerative agriculture systems at AppleSeed Permaculture. Connor lives in Hatfield, MA and travels frequently around the Northeast.
Connor co-organized the internationally acclaimed Carbon Farming Course; has served on leadership teams for Art of Mentoring workshops in Vermont, California, Idaho, Texas, North Carolina, Ontario, and the British Isles; and is a graduate of both the Wilderness Awareness Residential Program and the Regenerative Design and Nature Awareness program. Connor holds an M.S. in Natural Resources from the University of Vermont’s Field Naturalist and Ecological Planning program and a B.S. in Eco-Social Design from Gaia University International.
Connor has been involved with the Vermont wilderness School for many years and for two years served as our Executive Director.
- Registration is currently closed. Complete the short form below to be notified when registration re-opens.
- When registration re-opens, there will be a different & longer form below. Fill out the registration form and be sure to click the SUBMIT button. Check your email to make sure you received the registration confirmation message with the subject “[Your Name]’s Land Stewardship Camp registration has been received”
- Pay in full, or just the $65 deposit, to reserve your spot. If you pay a deposit, any remaining balance is due by July 1st. If you have requested a scholarship or opted in to the BIPOC Reparations Fund, payment instructions are in the registration form below. To pay:
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form.” The form is due by July 1st.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is May 25.