Outdoor Learning for Schools During COVID-19
Are you considering outdoor learning this school year?
Help is available!
Outdoor and nature-based learning offer opportunities for social and emotional learning, community building, and positive academic outcomes. They also can be part of the solution to physical distancing and other COVID-related challenges.
The Bonnyvale Environmental Education Center (BEEC) in Brattleboro can advise on:
- strategies for setting up a physical outdoor teaching space, with a focus on safety
- best practices for teaching outdoors, including:
- helpful materials lists for both teachers and students
- group management strategies and academic opportunities
- flow of the day templates
- resources about teaching outside and environmental education
BEEC has more than 25 years of experience collaborating with Brattleboro-area schools on nature-based learning. We encourage you to contact Joan Carey, BEEC’s Education Program Coordinator, at: email@example.com / 802-257-5785.
The Vermont Wilderness School can advise on:
- COVID prevention strategies in outdoor learning
- How you and your students can spend more time outside this school year