Otter Day Camp
Ages: 7 – 12
Where: Fort Dummer State Park, Brattleboro, VT
REGISTER BELOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT (Register early— Otter Camp fills up!)
Otter Day Camp is one of Vermont Wilderness School’s longest-running programs, and is a mainstay of the early summer in Brattleboro. Come adventure at Ft. Dummer State Park to:
- Make fire without matches
- Solve natural mysteries
- Cook over the campfire
- Learn to become invisible & move silently
- Build shelters from natural materials
- Make crafts from natural materials
- Pick berries
- Explore creeks
- Play nature awareness games
- Make new friends!
About the location
Ft. Dummer State Park offers 200+ acres of diverse habitat, including wetland, streams, mixed hardwood forest, field, rock quarry, and miles of hiking trails. Regular animal residents on the land include white-tail deer, woodland jumping mice, green frogs, wood frogs, American toads, black racer snakes, red efts, broad-winged hawks, barred owls, wood thrushes, ruffed grouse, wild turkey, eastern cottontail rabbits and much more (including the occasional black bear or bobcat passing through!) It is a magical place for children and pre-teens to deepen their relationship with nature and become at home in the world. Camp Director Bob Etzweiler, instructor Owen Kohout, Jasmyn Atsalis-Gogel, and other familiar faces will be returning to lead camp for summer of 2018. All VWS instructors are highly skilled and experienced working with youth. We maintain ratio of at least one instructor per six children.
- Wait until registration re-opens in February 2019 (if you want to be placed on a list to get notified when camp opens simply send a message to email@example.com).
- Complete the registration form below when it becomes available.
- Pay in full, or pay just the $65 (per child, per week) deposit.
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box at the bottom of this page
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form.”
- Your spot is secure once we have received your registration and payment.
- Any remaining balance is due 3 weeks before your camp week begins.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is May 1st.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-257-8570.