The Wild Within Day Camp for Teens
When: 9am-3pm, Jul 26 – 30 (M-F), 2021
Ages: 13 – 17 (other ages by permission)
Where: Ft Dummer State Park, Brattleboro, VT.
Cost: $295 – 395 (sliding scale). The true cost per camper is $335. Scholarships available, see registration form for more information.
REGISTER BELOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT
This day camp for teens will offer a week of adventure, connection, and learning. If you join us, you may experience:
- Learning natural camouflage so that you can move “invisibly” day and night
- Moving and getting into the mind of a wild animal
- Trailing animals and humans
- Understanding the language of birds
- Playing Jedi awareness games
- How to work as a team moving through the woods
Students are guided by longtime VWS lead instructor and program director Bob Etzweiler, with over 17 years of experience sharing the natural world with children and guiding groups in the outdoors, along with other experienced Vermont Wilderness School staff. We maintain ratio of at least one instructor per six children.
Bob started hunting at age 12. He is not only one of the most passionate hunters you will ever meet, but also one of the most skillful and reverent. Since 2007 Bob has been leading programs for Vermont Wilderness School, and he’s now beloved by hundreds of the kids and adults who’ve gotten to share his infectious enthusiasm, extensive knowledge, and neverending stream of good stories and bad jokes. Bob also runs The Hunter’s Heart, our 8-month hunting apprenticeship for adults.
- Fill out the registration form and be sure to click the SUBMIT button. A submitted registration will generate an automated confirmation email with the subject “[Teens Name]’s Wild Within Day Camp Registration has been received.” Save that for proof-of-registration.
- Pay in full, or just the $65 deposit, to reserve your spot. If you pay a deposit, any remaining balance is due by June 1st. If you have requested a scholarship or opted in to the BIPOC Reparations Fund, payment instructions are in the registration form below. To pay:
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form.” The form is due by June 1st.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is June 25th.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at email@example.com or call 802-257-8570.