Foxwalk Day Camp
When: 2020 registration is closed. To be notified when registration re-opens please complete the short survey below.
Ages: 5 – 7 (4 year olds considered on a case-by-case basis)
Where: Greenwood School land, Putney VT
Cost: 2020 pricing: $285 – 385 (sliding scale). The true cost per camper is $325.
REGISTER BELOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT (Register early— Camp fills up!)
Our popular Foxwalk Forest School for children aged 5 – 7 is now open for a week in the summer!
Foxwalk is a program about building and fostering relationships. It’s by creating connections to each other and the natural world that our curiosity is stirred and learning flows. Our days are filled with play, exploration, stories, wilderness skills and fun…lots of fun! We are guided by the combined passions of the children and staff, the animals and weather, and the unique magic that each day has to offer.
If you could turn into a bird and follow your child at Foxwalk, you might find them:
- Playing nature awareness games
- Engaging in imaginative free play
- Building fairy houses
- Learning many different kinds of wilderness crafts, skills, stories and songs.
- Broadening their relationship with the natural world
Students are guided by longtime VWS instructor Bob Etzweiler, with 17 years of experience sharing the natural world with children and guiding groups in the outdoors, along with other experienced Vermont Wilderness School staff. We maintain a ratio of at least one instructor per six children.
Bob has always loved being outdoors. He loves hunting, tanning hides, crafting, primitive cooking, tracking, and wandering. Since 2007 Bob has been leading programs for Vermont Wilderness School, and he’s now beloved by hundreds of the kids and adults who’ve gotten to share his infectious enthusiasm, extensive knowledge, and neverending stream of bad jokes.
- 2020 registration is closed. To be notified when registration re-opens simply complete the short survey below and click SUBMIT.
- When it reopens complete the registration form (be sure to click SUBMIT at the end).
- Check your email inbox for the automated confirmation email with the subject “[Child Name]’s Foxwalk Day Camp Registration has been received.”
- To run a safe camp, and to comply with new Covid-19-related regulations, VWS will be running summer camps at a financial loss of about $1000/week. Smaller group size reduces our income, and new purchasing new equipment such as masks, thermometers, etc. increases our expenses. We are not raising our prices to cover this gap. However we do ask that you please consider this situation as you decide where on the sliding scale you’d like to pay. Thank you!
- Any remaining balance is due June 25. If VWS chooses to cancel a program you may be eligible for program credit or a refund (see this page for more details).
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is June 10.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at email@example.com or call 802-257-8570.