Earthfriend Discovery Day Camp
Enrollment: OPEN. Register using the online form below.
When: 2 sessions (M-F, 9am – 3pm)
- Week 1: July 31 – August 4, 2023
- Week 2: Aug 7 – 11, 2023
Ages: 7 – 12
Where: The Manitou Project land in Williamsville, VT (20 minutes from downtown Brattleboro)
Cost: $340 – 445 (sliding scale). The true cost per camper is $385.
Earthfriend Discovery Day Camp nurtures the loving and magical connection young people naturally feel with their environment and all forms of life on this planet.
Earthfriend was started by The Manitou Project in 2004 with seven campers. By 2008, the camp had 20+ campers, with many returning year after year. In 2010 the Manitou Project began partnering with Vermont Wilderness School. VWS provides quality, experienced staff and a level of professionalism to the camp experience while continuing to embody the Manitou vision of the camp. The Program Director / Lead Instructor will be veteran Amy Hyatt (both weeks). Additional staff to be announced.
At this camp your child might find themselves doing things like…..
- Building a Lost Camp
- Wading in the stream and catch frogs
- Following the tracks of a deer
- Making coal-burned bowls & spoons
- Learning to carry fire from one place to another safely
- And lots more!
1. Complete the Registration form below (or Interest form if registration is not yet open). Be sure to click SUBMIT at the end. Check your email inbox for the automated confirmation email with the subject “[Child Name]’s Earthfriend Discovery Day Camp Registration has been received.” Save your confirmation email as proof-of-registration.
2. When you register, pay a $75 per child per week deposit to secure your spot(s). You may also pay in full when you register. Any remaining balance is due June 1st (or upon registration, for those registering after June 1st). If you have requested a scholarship or opted in to the BIPOC Reparations Fund, payment instructions are in the registration form below.
Note: If you withdraw from any weeks of camp, the deposit for the week you withdraw from will be retained (and potentially more of your payment for that week – view our full cancellation and refund policy here).
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box on the righthand side of this page, OR;
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
3. Complete the VWS Medical Form using the tab at the bottom of this page.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellation policies for more information.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive email notifications about Summer 2024 (save-the-dates, opening of registration, etc.), complete this interest form.