Upcoming Programs for Adults
Mentoring, Learning and Human Development *NEW Online Format*
- Dates: November 7th 9am – 5pm & 8th 9am – 4:30pm, ET
- Who: adults
- Where: Your Home or Other Preferred Spot with good internet access
- This weekend is part of the Essentials of Resilient Community series of workshops. You may attend one, several, or all seven weekends (at a $145 savings).
Mentoring with awareness of both the learning journey and human development is a very powerful combination. During this weekend we will be exploring human development through stages of life, and natural cycles of learning and skill building that occur throughout all stages of life. We will take a particular focus on stages of development in youth, to support our ability to mentor children and also understand our own life’s journey more deeply. We’ll then use these perspectives to build our mentoring toolbox, including refining our ability to follow and support our students’ development, and understanding what we as mentors can do to support transitions into new stages of learning and life.
Upcoming Programs for Youth
Great Blue Heron Community School (several spaces open!)
- When: 9am-3pm, up to four days per week (Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur). Program runs from September – May.
- Ages: 7 – 15
- Where: Mondays – Marlboro, Tuesdays – Putney, Wednesdays – Dummerston, Thursdays – Dummerston.
Vermont Wilderness School programs inspire young people to deepen their relationships with the natural world and each other. Youth gain life skills and confidence, guided by an experienced team of instructors. Our approach to nature connection emphasizes outdoor living skills, naturalist knowledge, dedication to community service and social equity, and social/emotional development.
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR ALL VWS PROGRAMS. Thank you to our many donors for their support of VWS’s Great Blue Heron Fund for scholarships.