Upcoming Programs for Adults
- August 26th – 31st
- All ages
- Plymouth, VT
Our 5-day experiential training in nature connection, intergenerational mentoring, and creating a living culture of awareness.
- September 2019 – June 2020; 6 weekends
- Brattleboro VT and surrounding area
Bob brings his deep connection to nature and his love & care for wild animals to this program offering knowledge and mentoring in heart-centered hunting. Recommended for anyone who is curious about hunting but has been turned off by the dominant hunting approach we see in the culture around us.
Upcoming Programs for Youth
- Ages: 13 – 17 (youth outside of this range considered on a case-by-case basis)
- July 29 – August 2 (Monday – Friday), 9am – 3pm
- The Greenwood School Land, Putney VT
This week-long day camp for teens will intermix serious lessons about hunting and ethical wildlife stewardship with light-hearted wilderness games and adventures that help teens learn relationship-building skills, independence, and an ethic of stewardship.
- Ages: 7 – 12
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm
- Week 1: July 29 – August 2, 2019
- Week 2: August 5 – 9, 2019
- The Manitou Project land in Williamsville, VT (20 minutes from downtown Brattleboro)
Build a Lost Camp, wade in the stream and catch frogs, follow the tracks of a deer, make coal-burned bowls & spoons, learn to carry fire from one place to another safely, and lots more!
- Ages 5 – 7 (4 year olds considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Monday – Friday, 10am – 2pm on:
- Week 1: July 22 – July 26
- Week 2: August 5 – August 9
- On the Greenwood School land in Putney, VT
Guided by longtime VWS lead instructor Bob Etzweiler. Kids explore the natural world, learn ancient wilderness living skills, and build self-confidence, teamwork, and knowledge of self, nature, and community.
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR ALL VWS PROGRAMS. Thank you to our many donors for their support of VWS’s Great Blue Heron Fund for scholarships.