Upcoming Programs for Adults
- Fridays, 8:30 – 9:30 am, in Brattleboro
It’s summer—Time to quit exercising indoors! Build your mobility, strength, and range of motion. Learn to move like the animal you are!
- May 4 (Saturday), 7:30 am – 9:30 am. Location: Williamsburg, MA
- May 18 (Saturday), 7:30 am – 9:30 am. Location: Putney, VT.
Birds are the news network of the natural environment giving the curious human a “bird’s ear” window into the thrilling comedy, tragedy, and romance being played out on a daily basis on the branches. In this workshop we will be attuning our sense of hearing to the songs and calls of birds and what they are communicating to each other.
- June 20 – 23, 2019 (Thursday evening after dinner – Sunday afternoon)
- Conway, MA
What does the land want? And how do we know? Join Art of Mentoring leader and permaculture designer Connor Stedman for an immersive weekend weaving together lessons of culture repair and land care
Upcoming Programs for Youth
- Ages 5 – 7 (4 year olds considered on a case-by-case basis)
- On the Greenwood School land in Putney, VT
- Monday – Friday, 10am – 2pm on:
- Week 1: July 22 – July 26
- Week 2: August 5 – August 9
Guided by longtime VWS lead instructor Bob Etzweiler. Kids explore the natural world, learn ancient wilderness living skills, and build self-confidence, teamwork, and knowledge of self, nature, and community.
- Ages: 7 – 12
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm
- Week 1: July 29 – August 2, 2019
- Week 2: August 5 – 9, 2019
- The Manitou Project land in Williamsville, VT (20 minutes from downtown Brattleboro)
Build a Lost Camp, wade in the stream and catch frogs, follow the tracks of a deer, make coal-burned bowls & spoons, learn to carry fire from one place to another safely, and lots more!
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR ALL VWS PROGRAMS. Thank you to our many donors for their support of VWS’s Great Blue Heron Fund for scholarships.