Teen Leadership Camp
Enrollment: OPEN. Register using the online form below.
When: June 21-23, 2023
Ages: 13 – 17 (other ages by permission)
Where: Ft Dummer State Park, Brattleboro, VT.
Cost: $150-$240 (sliding scale). The true cost per participant is $190.
Know any teens that want to connect with others outdoors this summer who show a bent for service?
VWS’s Teen Leadership Camp is designed for teens interested in stepping into more leadership, including becoming a teen volunteer or teen intern. These positions providing essential support to VWS youth programs. Many of our current instructors started out as volunteers when they were teens.
This program is designed to benefit any teen who wants to develop their leadership skills, even if volunteering or interning at VWS is not a match.
Along with sessions exploring the transition from camper to staff, responsibility, giving and receiving feedback, and teamwork, we’ll also have fun with typical camp activities.
Bob has always loved being outdoors. Before moving to Vermont in 2006, he was program director and naturalist at a summer camp / outdoor retreat center in Pennsylvania. Upon coming to Vermont, he started doing wilderness programs similar to Otter Day Camp and found that was a good fit. In addition to directing Otter Day Camp, he mentors teens at VWS’s Great Blue Heron Community School, teaches several of VWS’s programs for adults, and leads VWS’s Foxwalk Forest School. He loves huntin, tanning hides, crafting, tracking and wandering. He also loves primitive cooking and wants to have a related show on the food network. Let him know if you have any connections.
1. Complete the Registration form below (or Interest form if registration is not yet open). Be sure to click SUBMIT at the end. Check your email inbox for the automated confirmation email with the subject “[Child Name]’s Teen Leadership Camp Registration has been received.” Save your confirmation email as proof-of-registration.
2. When you register, pay a $75 per child per week deposit to secure your spot(s). You may also pay in full when you register. Any remaining balance is due June 1st (or upon registration, for those registering after June 1st). If you have requested a scholarship or opted in to the BIPOC Reparations Fund, payment instructions are in the registration form below.
Note: If you withdraw from any weeks of camp, the deposit for the week you withdraw from will be retained (and potentially more of your payment for that week – view our full cancellation and refund policy here).
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box on the righthand side of this page, OR;
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
3. Complete the VWS Medical Form using the tab at the bottom of this page.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellation policies for more information.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive email notifications about Summer 2024 (save-the-dates, opening of registration, etc.), complete this interest form.