April Break 3-Day Camp
Enrollment: FULL. Register for the WAITLIST using the short form below.
When: 9am-3pm, April 18-20 (Tue/Wed/Thur), 2023
Ages: 7 – 12 (other ages by permission)
Where: Camp Arden in Dummerston, VT
Cost: $185 – 250 (sliding scale). The true cost per camper is $210.
Why wait for summer camps to have fun adventures in the wild world???
Join the Vermont Wilderness School as spring springs for a special April Break 3-day Camp. If you love other Vermont Wilderness School programs — like Otter Camp, Blue Heron, Shambhala Camp, or Foxwalk— you’ll love this one! (And if you’ve never done one of our programs, this is a great opportunity to try us out…)
What could you find if you explore with us this April? You might:
- Make fire without matches
- Learn the language of the birds singing their spring songs
- Solve natural mysteries
- Cook over the campfire
- Learn to become invisible & move silently
- Build shelters from natural materials
- Make crafts from natural materials
- Pick delicious spring edible plants
- Explore creeks
- Play nature awareness games
- Make new friends!
Longtime VWS instructor and program director Bob Etzweiler guides campers and other experienced VWS staff. Bob has always loved being outdoors. Before moving to Vermont in 2006, he was program director and naturalist at a summer camp / outdoor retreat center in his home state of Pennsylvania. Since then Bob has become a beloved mainstay at VWS, directing youth programs year-round, most notably Foxwalk Forest School, Teen Leadership Camp, Foxwalk Day Camp, and Otter Day Camp.
We maintain ratio of at least one instructor per six children.
- Complete the short form below to register. Fill out one registration form for each child and be sure to click the SUBMIT button. Check your email to make sure you received the registration confirmation message with the subject “[Youth Name]’s April Break 3-Day Camp registration has been received”
- Pay in full, or just the $65 per child deposit, to reserve your spot. If you pay a deposit, any remaining balance is due by April 1. To pay:
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Complete the VWS Medical Form using the tab at the bottom of this webpage or by going to this link.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is March 1.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive email notifications about this program (save the dates, opening of registration, etc.), sign up here.