April Break 3-Day Camp
When: 2020 dates to be announced in fall 2019. To be notified when registration opens fill out the short survey below.
Ages: 7 – 12
Where: Camp Arden Rd, Dummerston, VT
Cost: $165 – 240 (sliding scale). The true cost per camper is $210.
REGISTER BELOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Why wait for summer camps to have fun adventures in the wild world???
Join the Vermont Wilderness School as spring springs for a special April Break 3-day Camp. If you love other Vermont Wilderness School programs — like Otter Camp, Oyase, Shambhala Camp, or Foxwalk— you’ll love this one! (And if you’ve never done one of our programs, this is a great opportunity to try us out…)
What could you find if you explore with us this April? You might:
- Make fire without matches
- Learn the language of the birds singing their spring songs
- Solve natural mysteries
- Cook over the campfire
- Learn to become invisible & move silently
- Build shelters from natural materials
- Make crafts from natural materials
- Pick delicious spring edible plants
- Explore creeks
- Play nature awareness games
- Make new friends!
Students are guided by longtime VWS lead instructor and program director Bob Etzweiler, with over 17 years of experience sharing the natural world with children and guiding groups in the outdoors, along with other experienced Vermont Wilderness School staff. We maintain ratio of at least one instructor per six children.
Bob has always loved being outdoors. Before moving to Vermont in 2006, he was program director and naturalist at a summer camp / outdoor retreat center in Pennsylvania. Upon coming to Vermont, he started doing wilderness programs similar to Otter Day Camp and found that was a good fit. He has worked for Oyase Community School since 2007 as well as offering his own Fox Walk Programs—both offered through Vermont Wilderness School. He loves hunting, tanning hides, crafting, tracking and wandering. He also loves primitive cooking and wants to have a related show on the food network. Let him know if you have any connections.
- Fill out the short survey below to be notified when registration re-opens.
- Complete a registration form when it becomes available (fall 2019).
- Pay in full, or pay just the $65 deposit.
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form.”
- Your spot is secure once we have received your registration and payment.
- Any remaining balance is due by April 5.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is March 25.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-257-8570.