April Break 3-Day Camp
Enrollment: closed! Complete the short form below to be notified when registration re-opens.
When (2021): 9am-3pm, April 20-22 (Tue/Wed/Thur).
Ages: 7 – 12 (other ages by permission)
Where: Camp Arden Rd, Dummerston, VT
Cost (2021): $180 – 255 (sliding scale). The true cost per camper is $220.
Why wait for summer camps to have fun adventures in the wild world???
Join the Vermont Wilderness School as spring springs for a special April Break 3-day Camp. If you love other Vermont Wilderness School programs — like Otter Camp, Oyase, Shambhala Camp, or Foxwalk— you’ll love this one! (And if you’ve never done one of our programs, this is a great opportunity to try us out…)
What could you find if you explore with us this April? You might:
- Make fire without matches
- Learn the language of the birds singing their spring songs
- Solve natural mysteries
- Cook over the campfire
- Learn to become invisible & move silently
- Build shelters from natural materials
- Make crafts from natural materials
- Pick delicious spring edible plants
- Explore creeks
- Play nature awareness games
- Make new friends!
Students are guided by longtime VWS lead instructor and program director Bob Etzweiler, with over 17 years of experience sharing the natural world with children and guiding groups in the outdoors, along with other experienced Vermont Wilderness School staff. We maintain ratio of at least one instructor per six children.
Bob has always loved being outdoors. Before moving to Vermont in 2006, he was program director and naturalist at a summer camp / outdoor retreat center in Pennsylvania. Upon coming to Vermont, he started doing wilderness programs similar to Otter Day Camp and found that was a good fit. He has worked for Blue Heron Community School since 2007 as well as offering his own Fox Walk Programs—both offered through Vermont Wilderness School. He loves hunting, tanning hides, crafting, tracking and wandering. He also loves primitive cooking and wants to have a related show on the food network. Let him know if you have any connections.
- Registration is currently closed. Complete the short form below to be notified when it re-opens.
- When it becomes available again, complete the registration form and be sure to click the SUBMIT button. Check your email to make sure you received the registration confirmation message with the subject “[Youth Name]’s April Break 3-Day Camp registration has been received”
- Pay in full, or just the $65 deposit, to reserve your spot. If you pay a deposit, any remaining balance is due by April 1. To pay:
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Complete the VWS Medical Form using the tab at the bottom of this webpage or by going to this link.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is March 23.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-257-8570.