Teen Leadership Camp
Enrollment: Open! Follow the registration instructions below.
When: 9am-3pm, Jun 23 — 24 (Thu & Fri), 2022.
Ages: 13 – 17 (other ages by permission)
Where: Ft Dummer State Park, Brattleboro, VT.
Cost: $95 – $150 (sliding scale). The true cost is $135. Scholarships available, see registration form for more information.
Know any teens that want to connect with others outdoors this summer who show a bent for service?
VWS’s Teen Leadership Camp is designed for teens interested in stepping into more leadership, including becoming a teen volunteer or teen intern. These positions providing essential support to VWS youth programs. Many of our current instructors started out as volunteers when they were teens.
This program is designed to benefit any teen who wants to develop their leadership skills, even if volunteering or interning at VWS is not a match.
Along with sessions exploring the transition from camper to staff, responsibility, giving and receiving feedback, and teamwork, we’ll also have fun with typical camp activities.
Bob has always loved being outdoors. Before moving to Vermont in 2006, he was program director and naturalist at a summer camp / outdoor retreat center in Pennsylvania. Upon coming to Vermont, he started doing wilderness programs similar to Otter Day Camp and found that was a good fit. In addition to directing Otter Day Camp, he mentors teens at VWS’s Great Blue Heron Community School, teaches several of VWS’s programs for adults, and leads VWS’s Foxwalk Forest School. He loves huntin, tanning hides, crafting, tracking and wandering. He also loves primitive cooking and wants to have a related show on the food network. Let him know if you have any connections.
- Fill out that registration form below and be sure to click the SUBMIT button. A submitted registration will generate an automated confirmation email with the subject “[Teens Name]’s Teen Leadership Camp Registration has been received.” Save that for proof-of-registration.
- Pay in full, or just the $65 deposit, to reserve your spot. If you pay a deposit, any remaining balance is due by June 1st. If you have requested a scholarship or opted in to the BIPOC Reparations Fund, payment instructions are in the registration form below. To pay:
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form.” The form is due by June 1st.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is May 1st.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-257-8570.