Otter Day Camp
- Otter Camp wk 1 – Jun 21-25. Full. New registrations will go on a waitlist.
- Otter Camp wk 2 – Jun 28-Jul 2. Full. New registrations will go on a waitlist.
- Otter Camp wk 3 – Jul 5-9. Full. New registrations will go on a waitlist.
- Otter Camp wk 4 – Jul 12-16. Full. New registrations will go on a waitlist.
- –NO CAMP Jul 19-23–
- Otter Camp wk 5 – Jul 26-30. Full. New registrations will go on a waitlist..
- Otter Camp wk 6 – Aug 2-6. Full. New registrations will go on a waitlist.
Ages: 7 – 12 (other ages by permission)
Where: Fort Dummer State Park, Brattleboro, VT
REGISTER BELOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT (Register early— Otter Camp fills up!)
Otter Day Camp is one of Vermont Wilderness School’s longest-running programs, and is a mainstay of the early summer in Brattleboro. Come adventure at Ft. Dummer State Park to:
- Make fire without matches
- Solve natural mysteries
- Cook over the campfire
- Learn to become invisible & move silently
- Build shelters from natural materials
- Make crafts from natural materials
- Pick berries
- Explore creeks
- Play nature awareness games
- Make new friends!
About the location
Ft. Dummer State Park offers 200+ acres of diverse habitat, including wetland, streams, mixed hardwood forest, field, rock quarry, and miles of hiking trails. Regular animal residents on the land include white-tail deer, woodland jumping mice, green frogs, wood frogs, American toads, black racer snakes, red efts, broad-winged hawks, barred owls, wood thrushes, ruffed grouse, wild turkey, eastern cottontail rabbits and much more (including the occasional black bear or bobcat passing through!) It is a magical place for children and pre-teens to deepen their relationship with nature and become at home in the world. Camp Director Bob Etzweiler, instructor Jasmyn Atsalis-Gogel, and other familiar faces will be returning to lead camp. All VWS instructors are highly skilled and experienced working with youth. We maintain ratio of at least one instructor per six children.
- Fill out the registration form and be sure to click the SUBMIT button. A submitted registration will generate an automated confirmation email with the subject “[Child Name]’s Otter Day Camp Registration has been received.” Save that for proof-of-registration.
- Pay in full, or just the $65 deposit, to reserve your spot. If you pay a deposit, any remaining balance is due by June 1st. If you have requested a scholarship or opted in to the BIPOC Reparations Fund, payment instructions are in the registration form below. To pay:
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form.” The form is due by June 1st.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at email@example.com or call 802-257-8570.