Otter Day Camp
- June 15 – 19 – Otter Camp Week 1 Full w/ short waitlist.
- June 22 – 26 – Otter Camp Week 2. Full w/ short waitlist.
- June 29 – July 3 – Otter Camp Week 3 Full w/ short waitlist.
- July 6 – 10 – Otter Camp Week 4 Full w/ short waitlist.
Ages: 7 – 12
Where: Fort Dummer State Park, Brattleboro, VT
REGISTER BELOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT (Register early— Otter Camp fills up!)
Otter Day Camp is one of Vermont Wilderness School’s longest-running programs, and is a mainstay of the early summer in Brattleboro. Come adventure at Ft. Dummer State Park to:
- Make fire without matches
- Solve natural mysteries
- Cook over the campfire
- Learn to become invisible & move silently
- Build shelters from natural materials
- Make crafts from natural materials
- Pick berries
- Explore creeks
- Play nature awareness games
- Make new friends!
About the location
Ft. Dummer State Park offers 200+ acres of diverse habitat, including wetland, streams, mixed hardwood forest, field, rock quarry, and miles of hiking trails. Regular animal residents on the land include white-tail deer, woodland jumping mice, green frogs, wood frogs, American toads, black racer snakes, red efts, broad-winged hawks, barred owls, wood thrushes, ruffed grouse, wild turkey, eastern cottontail rabbits and much more (including the occasional black bear or bobcat passing through!) It is a magical place for children and pre-teens to deepen their relationship with nature and become at home in the world. Camp Director Bob Etzweiler, instructor Owen Kohout, Jasmyn Atsalis-Gogel, and other familiar faces will be returning to lead camp for summer of 2018. All VWS instructors are highly skilled and experienced working with youth. We maintain ratio of at least one instructor per six children.
- Fill out the registration form below and be sure to click the SUBMIT button.
- Check your email inbox for the automated confirmation email with the subject “[Child Name]’s Otter Day Camp Registration has been received.”
- Due to uncertainty resulting from the spread of the novel coronavirus you do not need to pay a deposit for this program. All you have to reserve a spot is complete the registration below! Note that families who have paid in full will receive priority if a program fills completely.
- To run a safe camp, and to comply with new Covid-19-related regulations, VWS will be running summer camps at a financial loss of about $1000/week. Smaller group size reduces our income, and new purchasing new equipment such as masks, thermometers, etc. increases our expenses. We are not raising our prices to cover this gap. However we do ask that you please consider this situation as you decide where on the sliding scale you’d like to pay. Thank you!
- Any remaining balance is due June 1st. If VWS chooses to cancel a program you may be eligible for program credit or a refund (see this page for more details).
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is May 1st.
Questions about camp? Please contact us at email@example.com or call 802-257-8570.