Foxwalk Forest School
When: Tuesdays, 10 am — 2 pm. September through May (off for winter). 26 weeks.
Where: The Greenwood School woods, Putney, VT
Ages: 5 – 7 (Ages 4 and 8 considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us at email@example.com.)
- Full year: $1,225 – $1,700 (sliding scale) for 26 Sessions. Actual per-student cost is $1,400.
- Half-year (Fall or Spring term) sign-ups considered on an individual basis. Fee: $612.50 – $850. Actual per-student cost is $700.
TO REGISTER COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW
Foxwalk Forest School supports children ages 5-7 to explore the natural world together, learn ancient wilderness living skills, and build self-confidence, teamwork, and knowledge of self, nature, and community.
Students are guided by longtime VWS lead instructor Bob Etzweiler, with over 18 years of experience sharing the natural world with children and guiding groups in the outdoors, along with other experienced Vermont Wilderness School staff. We maintain a ratio of no more than 6 children to one instructor. Foxwalk was initiated by a group of parents seeking nature-based learning opportunities for their young children.
FoxWalk is a program about building and fostering relationships. It’s by creating connections to each other and the natural world that our curiosity is stirred and learning flows. Our days are filled with play, exploration, stories, wilderness skills and fun…lots of fun! We are guided by the combined passions of the children and staff, the seasons and weather, and the unique magic that each day has to offer.
Dates for the 2018-2019 Season:
|Fall Term||Spring Term|
|Sept 4||Feb 26|
|Sept 11||Mar 5|
|Sept 18||Mar 12|
|Sept 25||Mar 19|
|Oct 2||Mar 26|
|Oct 9||Apr 2|
|Oct 16||Apr 9|
|Oct 23||Apr 23|
|Oct 30||Apr 30|
|Nov 6||May 7|
|Nov 13||May 14|
|Dec 4||May 21|
|Dec 11||May 28|
|Dec 18 (make up day)||June 4 (make up day)|
- Complete the registration form below.
- Pay in full, or pay just the $150 (per child) deposit.
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box at the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form.”
- Your spot is secure once we have received your registration and payment.
- Any remaining balance is due 3 weeks before the program begins.
Looking for a scholarship? You can enter your scholarship request in the registration form below. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is August 1st. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-257-8570.