Foxwalk Forest School
When: Tuesdays, 10 am — 2 pm. September through May (off for winter). 26 weeks.
Where: The Greenwood School woods, Putney, VT
Ages: 5 – 7 (Ages 4 and 8 considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Full year: $1,225 – $1,700 (sliding scale) for 26 Sessions. Actual per-student cost is $1,400.
- Half-year (Fall or Spring term) sign-ups considered on an individual basis. Fee: $612.50 – $850. Actual per-student cost is $700.
TO REGISTER FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Foxwalk Forest School supports children ages 5-7 to explore the natural world together, learn ancient wilderness living skills, and build self-confidence, teamwork, and knowledge of self, nature, and community.
Students are guided by longtime VWS lead instructor Bob Etzweiler, with over 18 years of experience sharing the natural world with children and guiding groups in the outdoors, along with other experienced Vermont Wilderness School staff. We maintain a ratio of no more than 6 children to one instructor. Foxwalk was initiated by a group of parents seeking nature-based learning opportunities for their young children.
FoxWalk is a program about building and fostering relationships. It’s by creating connections to each other and the natural world that our curiosity is stirred and learning flows. Our days are filled with play, exploration, stories, wilderness skills and fun…lots of fun! We are guided by the combined passions of the children and staff, the seasons and weather, and the unique magic that each day has to offer.
Dates for the 2019-2020 Season:
|Fall Term||Spring Term|
|Sept 3||Feb 25|
|Sept 10||Mar 3|
|Sept 17||Mar 10|
|Sept 24||Mar 17|
|Oct 1||Mar 24|
|Oct 8||Mar 31|
|Oct 15||Apr 7|
|Oct 22||Apr 14|
|Oct 29||Apr 21 – NO FOXWALK|
|Nov 5||Apr 28|
|Nov 12 – NO FOXWALK||May 5|
|Nov 19||May 12|
|Nov 26 – NO FOXWALK||May 19|
|Dec 3||May 26|
|Dec 10||June 2 (spring make up day)|
|Dec 17 (fall make up day)|
- Complete the registration form below. Be sure to check your email for the automated confirmation receipt with the subject “[Your child’s name]’s Foxwalk Registration Has Been Received.”
- Pay in full, or pay just the $150 (per child) deposit.
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box at the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form.”
- Your spot is secure once we have received your registration and payment.
- Any remaining balance is due on August 15th (or at time of registration if you signup after that).
Looking for a scholarship? You can enter your scholarship request in the registration form below. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is August 1st. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or call 802-257-8570.