Foxwalk Forest School
When: Tuesdays, 10 am — 2 pm. 26 weekly sessions, September through May (off for winter). Full program calendar tba.
Where: The Greenwood School woods, Putney, VT
Ages: 5 – 7 (children age 4 considered case-by-case)
Cost: Full year: $1,295 – $1,795 (sliding scale), true cost $1,525. Half-year (Fall or Spring term) sign-ups considered on an individual basis. Scholarship funds are available.
Foxwalk Forest School supports children ages 5-7 to explore the natural world together, learn wilderness living skills, and build self-confidence, teamwork, and knowledge of self, nature, and community.
Students are guided by longtime VWS lead instructor Bob Etzweiler, with over 20 years of experience sharing the natural world with children and guiding groups in the outdoors, along with other experienced Vermont Wilderness School staff. We maintain a ratio of no more than 6 children to one instructor. Foxwalk was initiated by a group of parents seeking nature-based learning opportunities for their young children.
Foxwalk is a program about building and fostering relationships. It’s by creating connections to each other and the natural world that our curiosity is stirred and learning flows. Our days are filled with play, exploration, stories, wilderness skills and fun…lots of fun! We are guided by the combined passions of the children and staff, the seasons and weather, and the unique magic that each day has to offer.
Program Director Bio
Bob has always loved being outdoors. Before moving to Vermont in 2006, he was program director and naturalist at a summer camp / outdoor retreat center in Pennsylvania. Upon coming to Vermont, he started doing wilderness programs similar to Otter Day Camp and found that was a good fit. He has worked for The Great Blue Heron Community School since 2007 as well as offering his own Fox Walk Programs. He loves huntin, tanning hides, crafting, tracking and wandering. He also loves outdoor cooking and wants to have a related show on the food network. Let him know if you have any connections.
- Fill out the registration form and be sure to click the SUBMIT button. A submitted registration will generate an automated confirmation email with the subject “[Child Name]’s Foxwalk Forest School registration has been received.” Save that for proof-of-registration.
- We require payment – in full, or a deposit – to reserve your spot. Payment in full, or a payment agreement, must be in place by Sept 1st (or before your 1st day if signing up if after Sept 1st) to hold your spot for the year. Pricing/deposit information and financial aid details are in the registration form below. Once you have completed the form, you can pay by:
- Making a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Sending a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Click the tab at the bottom of this page: “Complete the VWS Medical Form” or access the form directly here. The form is due by Sept 1st.
Looking for a scholarship? Complete the registration form below, indicating your scholarship request. Read our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or call 802-257-8570.