Land Stewardship Camp
A Weekend Immersion with Connor Stedman
What is the role of humans in nature? Are we inherently destructive, or can we be a positive ecological force?
Join Art of Mentoring leader and permaculture designer Connor Stedman for a weekend exploring deep nature connection through ecological reciprocity and stewardship.
We will engage in land care practices that go well beyond “Leave No Trace” and take up an active role in creating conditions for the full diversity of life to thrive.
- Learn stories of deep land history and ecological memory
- Read the landscape for its plant communities and wildlife habitat resources
- Practice a wide range of land stewardship skills, including:
- Forest management
- Plant propagation
- Coppicing & pruning
- Fungal inoculation
- Landrace and wild gardening
- Ethical and regenerative harvest
- Explore interspecies communication and direct forms of knowing in nature
- Engage the connections between cultural and ecological diversity
- Enjoy camping, learning, playing, and swimming with old and new friends along the beautiful South River during some of the longest days of the year!
Between and around land stewardship lessons we’ll come together as a community for delicious food, nature games, stories, swimming along the river banks, friendship, and a shared enjoyment of the everlasting summer days. If you like the Art of Mentoring workshop (or you haven’t been but want a taste of what it’s like…) join us!
We are thrilled to host Connor Stedman for this special weekend. Connor has been mentoring students in nature awareness and permaculture for 14 years, and his classes never fail to inspire wonder curiosity and deep learning. See Connor’s full bio here.
Dates: June 20 – 23, 2019 (Thursday evening after dinner – Sunday afternoon)
Location: Conway, MA
Cost: $350 – 475 (sliding scale). True cost per participant is $425. Scholarship available.
Ages: Adults. Motivated teens considered.
Food: Three lunches and one dinners are included. You bring one potluck dinner dish (Friday) and your breakfast food.
Accommodations: Tent camping, rustic!