Hunting Apprenticeship Application
2021 Dates TBA. Complete the short form below to be notified when registration opens!
- Saturday: 9 am – 3 pm
- Sunday: Sunrise – early afternoon
These hours are subject to minor changes, in consultation with all participants.
- Participants provide their own food and accommodations. Contact us and we may be able to help you find lower-cost options.
- The apprenticeship includes one actual hunt — a squirrel hunt in December— which is optional. To participate in the hunt, you must have completed a VT Hunter Education Course and possess a current Vermont Hunting license. (See this website for course dates.)
- Owning a hunting weapon is not required to participate in the apprenticeship. If you do plan to obtain a hunting weapon and a hunting license before the December squirrel hunt, Bob is available to guide you through that process after the apprenticeship begins.
- This is not a “primitive skills” hunting apprenticeship. However, the skills taught will support all types of hunting.
- There will be optional homework, designed to take the teachings of the course further.
2019 details: cost of the apprenticeship is a sliding scale: $1,175 – $1,575. Actual per-person cost is $1400. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is August 1st.
- Registration is currently closed. Fill out the short form below to be notified when it re-opens.
- When registration opens again complete the registration form below and click submit. Be sure to check your email for the automated response with the subject “[Your name]’s Hunter’s Heart Application has been received” that serves to confirm that we have received your application. Deadline to apply is September 15th. We will respond to your application within 2 weeks.
- A $150 deposit will be due within 7 days of your acceptance to the program, to reserve your slot. The remaining balance is due Sept 1. You can pay by either:
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Upon acceptance to the program, please complete the “VWS Medical Form” via the tab at the bottom of this page.