Hunting Apprenticeship Application
October 2018 – June 2019; 6 weekends
- Oct 20th & 21st
- Dec 15th & 16th
- Feb 9th & 10th
- March 30th & 31st
- April 20th & 21st
- June 8th & 9th
- Make up dates incase of unanticipated cancelation: date Aug 10 & 11
- Saturday: 9 am – 3 pm
- Sunday: Sunrise – early afternoon
These hours are subject to minor changes, in consultation with all participants.
- The apprenticeship includes one actual hunt — a squirrel hunt in December— which is optional. To participate in the hunt, you must have completed a VT Hunter Education Course and possess a current Vermont Hunting license. (See this website for course dates.)
- Owning a hunting weapon is not required to participate in the apprenticeship. If you do plan to obtain a hunting weapon and a hunting license before the December squirrel hunt, Bob is available to guide you through that process after the apprenticeship begins.
- This is not a “primitive skills” hunting apprenticeship. However, the skills taught will support all types of hunting.
- There will be optional homework, designed to take the teachings of the course further.
The cost of the apprenticeship is a sliding scale: $1,175 – $1,575. Actual per-person cost is $1300. Participants provide their own food and accommodations. The deadline to submit scholarship requests is August 1st. Please review our scholarship and cancelation policy page for more details.
- Registration for the 2019-2020 apprenticeship opens in June 2019. Send a message to email@example.com to receive a notification when it opens.
- Complete the registration form below (re-opens summer 2019). Deadline to apply is October 15th. We will respond within 2 weeks of receiving your application.
- A $150 deposit will be due within 7 days of your acceptance to the program, to reserve your slot. The remaining balance is due Sept 1. You can pay by either:
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Upon acceptance to the program, please complete the “VWS Medical Form” via the tab at the bottom of this page.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-257-8570