Summer Tracking Intensive
Enrollment: Open. Limited spots so register below ASAP!
Where: Various locations within 30 miles of Brattleboro, VT.
When: typically Sat 9am-3pm & Sun 8am-2pm on the following Weekends in 2022.
- June 18-19
- July 16-17
- August 20-21
- September 17-18
Who: Adults (Age 18+). Open to both novice and experienced trackers.
Cost: Sliding scale $725-$925 (actual per-person cost is $825). Financial aid options available.
When it comes to wildlife tracking in New England, your mind might jump to cold winter temperatures and deep snows. And while southern Vermont is a great place for snow tracking, the numerous river banks, muddy areas, and sandy locations make for exceptional warm weather tracking as well!
Join VWS instructor Bob Etzweiler for our new summertime four-weekend Wildlife Tracking Intensive. We’ll spend each weekend visiting the many local tracking hotspots.
All levels of tracking experience are welcome. The teaching approach will be to “build it from the ground up.” Working with a skilled tracking teacher can dramatically flatten the learning curve, bring results more quickly, and be a rewarding and fun experience.
Topics to be covered:
- Tools for clear track identification
- Wildlife “sign” identification
- Body mechanics, gaits, and track patterns
- Wildlife interactions with the landscape
- General naturalist knowledge related to tracking
Meet the instructor –
Bob Etzweiler is a longtime teacher at the Vermont Wilderness School, leading both youth and adult programs. He runs both our annual Lynx Tracking Expedition and the Hunter’s Heart Hunting Apprenticeship. Bob has over a decade of experience in Wildlife Tracking, has been hired on wildlife track surveys, and has received a Level IV certification from Tracker Certification of North America. He’s a skilled and passionate tracker and teacher.
- Complete the registration form below and click submit. Be sure to check your email for the automated response with the subject “[Your name]’s Summer Tracking Intensive Registration has been received” that serves to confirm that we have received your registration.
- To reserve your spot we require a full payment or a $150 deposit. Any remaining payment is due on June 1st. If registering after June 1st, your full payment is due immediately.
- You can pay by either:
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or via PayPal in the box to the right –>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Financial aid details can be found in the form below.
- You can pay by either:
- Complete the “VWS Medical Form” via the tab at the bottom of this page.