Lynx Tracking Expedition
Where:: Near Jackman, ME (carpooling to be organized prior to the workshop).
When: February 20-23rd, 2020
Ages: Adults and motivated teenagers.
Cost: $410 – 575 sliding scale. (The true cost is $500 per participant.) Cost includes cabin lodging and instruction. Participants bring own breakfast and lunch, and contribute to potluck dinners.
Join Vermont Wilderness School for a long weekend on the trail of one of the most elusive carnivores of the Northeast.
Led by experienced VWS instructor Bob Etzweiler (Registered Maine Guide) and special guest Michelle Van Naerssen of Wilderness Awareness School in Washington state. We’ll also meet with some local guides/ trackers to learn about wildlife populations, forest management, and some of the issues facing by the community of Jackman.
Evenings are spent around the fire in our cabins, where we’ll share meals and stories of the day.
Here’s what past participants have said:
This weekend was a great introduction to tracking for someone with a lot of enthusiasm but no real experience. I felt welcomed from the moment I arrived. I particularly appreciated the instructors teaching style, which encouraged curiosity, creativity and collaboration. — Amelia Walker, NYC
One of the most rewarding nature driven trips I have ever been on. The storytime, the books, the skulls, the tracking, the laughter…everything was superb! — Jessica Schindler, NY State
This is an excellent program for trackers at all levels, from novice to people interested in trailing. Bob and Michelle are excellent mentors, and I intend to return next year. — Erik Downes, Seattle, WA
- Complete the registration form below
- Pay in full, or pay a $150 (non-refundable) deposit.
- Make a secure online payment by credit card or Paypal by using the payment box at right. —>
- Send a check payable to “Vermont Wilderness School” to: VWS, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303.
- Complete a Medical Form by clicking the tab at the bottom of this page.
- Your spot is secure once we have received your registration and payment.
- Any remaining balance is due February 1.
See our scholarship and cancellations policy page for more information about payment.