Track and Sign Evaluation
Where: Brattleboro, VT area.
When: Program runs roughly 8:30am-4pm on both days.
- July 21 & 22 (Thu/Fri), 2022. Open! Limited spaces so register below ASAP!
- July 23 & 24 (Sat/Sun), 2022. Currently full but accepting additions to the waitlist.
Ages: Adults (Age 18+).
Cost: $255 – $305 sliding scale. You may apply for financial aid in the registration form.
Join Vermont Wilderness School for a two-day interactive tracking experience that offers an opportunity to deeply learn the mysteries of tracking and to evaluate your tracking knowledge.
As the international Tracker Certification webpage says:
The Track and Sign Certification is a two-day practical field test that emphasizes open, honest dialogue and real learning. The tracks and sign of any and all species encountered in the field may be asked, whether big or small, clear or obscure. After participants give their answers, a dialogue ensues between the evaluator and participants to provide the opportunity for everyone involved to learn and for each of us to internalize the field marks used for identification. The Tracker Certifications emphasize practical tracking and the development of reliable field skills, and are unassociated with any particular philosophy or tracking school. No prior training is required to participate.
This Track & Sign evaluation will be facilitated by Dan Hansche of Spur Wander.
- Fill out the registration form below and be sure to click the SUBMIT button. Check your email inbox for the automated confirmation email with the subject “[Name]’s Track & Sign Evaluation Registration has been received.” This is your proof of registration.
- Payment is due upon registration. If you see a message about joining a waitlist, you do not need to submit payment until you have been offered a spot. To pay, you may either:
- Pay online via card or PayPal (includes a 3% fee) – Use payment box at right. —>
- Send a check to Vermont Wilderness School, PO Box 2585, Brattleboro, VT 05303
- Complete the VWS Waiver & Medical Form by clicking on the bottom right of this webpage.