Position Opening – Outreach & Operations Director
18 hours/week. Salary: $20,000 – $22,000. Interviews begin Monday, Apr 10, and position begins when filled.
VWS is growing to meet the increasing community demand for accessible, inclusive nature connection programs and mentoring training. We welcome applications from dedicated individuals interested in learning, growing, and contributing along with us.
The Outreach & Operations Director is responsible for outreach and enrollment and provides administrative and technical support for VWS programs, internal communications, and office operations.
The Outreach & Operations Director is a member of the five-person leadership team, which also includes the Executive Director, the Business Director, and the two Senior Program Directors.
Successful candidates will have excellent attention to detail, strong communication and technology skills, and expertise in outreach and administration. 3+ years experience with nonprofit and/or small business communications and operations is required. The ability to compellingly market nature connection programs is essential, and some fundraising experience is preferred.
This is a part-time, year-round, salaried position, based in our Brattleboro, VT office. Partial remote work options are available.
VWS strives to create a culture that is supportive, effective, and life-affirming. This is a work environment that prioritizes:
- Proactive Leadership
- Service & Relationships
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Outreach (5 hrs/week)
Develop and implement outreach strategies to attract participants and represent our program offerings. Responsible for maintaining VWS website, social media accounts, and monthly e-newsletter. Provide customer service by fielding inquiries and troubleshooting participant registrations.
Program Support (5 hrs/wk)
Provide office-end administration, technological, and logistics support for VWS programs and staff trainings, including directing program launch cycles, recruitment of seasonal field staff, and management of registration software and constituent database.
Fundraising (3 hrs/wk)
Provide communications and administrative support to VWS fundraising, including annual donor appeal and special events, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Office Operations (2 hrs/wk)
Improve, manage, and troubleshoot administrative systems and office technology. Maintain office supplies, overall order, cleanliness, and beauty in our workspace.
Foundational Role & Meetings (3 hrs/wk)
Participation in the 5-person team holding the overall strategic direction and values of VWS’s work. Includes staff meetings, retreats, trainings, meetings with supervisor, annual review, and strategy sessions.
- Experience and understanding of nonprofit or small business outreach/marketing and customer service. Facility with WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook, and Google Suite.
- Experience and understanding of nonprofit or small business administrative operations.
- Proficiency in business software, data management, Google Sheets and Google Forms is essential.
- Familiarity with, or a desire to learn, community-based fundraising, especially individual donor appeals and events, is essential.
- Highly organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable independently prioritizing, planning workflow, and managing simultaneous projects.
- Internal resilience and self-sufficiency. Ability to improvise and adapt to the changing circumstances of a small, community-based nonprofit.
- Excellent and mature interpersonal communication skills.
- Sense of humor, curiosity, and creativity. We like to laugh and have fun at work!
- Familiarity with nature connection, youth mentoring, and/or community building initiatives, combined with an enthusiasm for elevating the community visibility of these offerings.
- We value a diverse workforce and encourage applications from people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender and gender non-conforming persons.
- VWS is currently engaged in a yearlong Executive Director transition.
Salary: $20,000 – $22,000, depending on experience.
Benefits: Paid time off, a $2000 annual stipend for use of your personal communications devices and work spaces, 401(k) option, discounts on VWS programs for you and immediate family members, and funds for professional development.
This is a salaried employee position for 18 hours per week, year round.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, two references, and a concise letter describing your experience, qualifications, and reasons for applying for this position.
Interviews begin Monday, Apr 10. Position begins when filled.
For a more detailed description of this position, email email@example.com.