Earthfriend Discovery Day Camp
- When: 2 sessions (M-F, 9am – 3pm)
- Week 1: August 2 – 6, 2021 – Full. Sign up for Wait List.
- Week 2: August 9 – 13, 2021 – Full. Sign up for Wait List.
- Ages: 7 – 12
- Where: The Manitou Project land in Williamsville, VT (20 minutes from downtown Brattleboro)
- Cost: $295 – 395 (sliding scale). The true cost per camper is $335.
Please note, registration for this program is through the Manitou Project, and the payment options are different than the other camps and programs on this website. VWS does staff this program, and the flavor of the camp is in line with all of our programs.
Build a Lost Camp
Wade in the stream and catch frogs
Follow the tracks of a deer
Make coal-burned bowls & spoons
Learn to carry fire from one place to another safely
And lots more! (Click here to learn more about what we’ll be doing at camp this summer…)
Earthfriend Discovery Day Camp is committed to nurturing the loving and magical connection the young naturally feel with their environment and all forms of life on this planet. Earthfriend was started by The Manitou Project in 2004 with seven campers. By 2008, the camp had 20+ campers, with many returning year after year. In 2010 the Manitou Project began partnering with Vermont Wilderness School. VWS provides quality, experienced staff and a level of professionalism to the camp experience while continuing to embody the Manitou vision of the camp. This year the Program Director / Lead Instructor will be veteran Amy Hyatt (both weeks). Additional staff to be announced.