VWS is accepting applications for our Board of Directors through November 4, 2022.
We will be filling up to 4 new seats to help us carry out the board initiatives that will support our next stage of growth. The board is volunteer-led with 5 current members.
The Vermont Wilderness School is dedicated to restoring our relationships with nature, ourselves, and each other. Since 1999 we have offered nature-based mentoring programs for people of all ages, in southern Vermont and beyond.
Responsibilities of the VWS Board
- Uphold and affirm the VWS vision and mission
- Participate in fundraising
- Provide legal and fiscal oversight
VWS Board Initiatives
- Increase the capacity of the organization to serve our community’s needs
- Expand equitable access to programs via scholarship and reparations funds
- Improve staff compensation to ensure nature connection mentoring is a viable career path
What We Are Looking For
The VWS board is seeking applicants who are aligned with our mission and who bring new energy and perspectives to the fundraising efforts (both donor appeals and foundation grants) that underpin our board initiatives.
Board membership is an opportunity for you to support and influence a 22-year-old community organization while collaborating with board and staff to ensure VWS will be thriving far into the future.
Meetings are mostly on Zoom and occasionally at the VWS office Brattleboro, VT. Time commitment is 35-40 hrs per yr (approx 3 hrs/mo on average). Term is two years. Board members are encouraged to also attend public VWS events and programs.
To receive a detailed description of board member responsibilities, or with any questions, contact Alan Roberts (Board Treasurer) at firstname.lastname@example.org.