The Art of Mentoring 2019
Dates are now confirmed for 2019!
Monday, August 26 – Saturday, August 31, 2019
At Farm & Wilderness, Plymouth, VT
To be notified when registration opens send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A 5-day experiential training in nature connection, intergenerational mentoring, and creating a living culture of awareness.
Deep in all of our roots, there are stories of ancestors living in healthy, regenerative communities—villages where people of all ages were in deep relationship with the land, each other, and themselves. The Art of Mentoring is designed to help us remember these old ways of awareness and mentoring and learn to apply them to our modern communities.
The Vermont AoM is a five-day experiential, nature-based training with concurrent programs for ages 0 to 99. The week is facilitated by a veteran leadership team, representing over 90 years of collective experience in nature-based mentoring and culture design. Over 70 staff members from around the US support the experience of the 120 registered participants.
Adult Program options at the Vermont Art of Mentoring
- The Art of Mentoring A workshop on nature connection, mentoring, and creating a living culture of awareness — for first-time participants.
- Nature Immersion Week A deep dive into nature connection practices — for returning participants.
- Earth Skills Week A harvesting and handcrafting intensive — for returning participants.
- The AoM Kitchen Program. A work trade position, applying Art of Mentoring principles to the task of serving three meals a day to 200 people — for returning or new participants.
Youth Program options at the Vermont Art of Mentoring
- Teens (12 – 17) who are hungry for intensive mentoring and exhilarating wilderness experiences with peers embark on this 5-day outdoor adventure.
- Youth (4 – 6, and 7 – 11) play, explore the land, and follow their passions and curiosity with gentle guidance and inspiration from our trained mentors.
- Children (0 – 3) with their parent or caregiver play and learn together in this new program.
Like no experience before it, Art of Mentoring sent me home feeling grounded, renewed, inspired, and motivated to create cultural change. I wish everyone could have this experience.
– AoM 2015 Participant
The Art of Mentoring brings together families, educators, naturalists, healers, musicians and storytellers, community members and leaders, ecological designers, peacemakers and facilitators, people with a strong connection to the land, and many others.
No matter what your background, this workshop will support you in deepening your relationship with nature and becoming a part of a joyful, engaged learning community.
This is an all-ages, family-friendly event. Programs for preschoolers, youth, teens, adults, and elders run concurrently. Together we build an intergenerational village, woven together by nature, music, and artful mentoring.